Slow Cooker Nacho Sloppy Joes is an easy, quick, and delicious meal that all your family is going to love! The combination of nacho flavors melting together with browned loose meat to make this classic sandwich is simply irresistible!
I’ve always loved those cheesy nachos which I could never get enough of. And imagine the incredible taste combination resulting from cooking this Mexican style ground beef in this tangy nacho cheese sauce. It’s amazing! Both kids and adults will love this!
For other variations of Sloppy Joes, check out this popular Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes. For more time saving recipes using slow cooker, check out this easy Shredded Chicken recipe which you can use to make tacos, wraps, sandwiches and even casseroles.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make – this recipe is a breeze to make using the slow cooker. It requires only 15 minutes of prep time. Then let the slow cooker do its job!
- Simple – this recipe requires only 6 ingredients and your favorite buns. With this, dinner is ready to be indulged in.
- Versatile – this recipe is adaptable. Add your favorite ingredients from the recipe variations’ list below to take your sweet and savory This sandwich to the next level!
- Affordable – requiring simple inexpensive ingredients makes this recipe quite affordable.
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Lean ground beef – browned and drained, to be ready to add to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients.
- Nacho sauce ingredients – these include diced onion, ketchup, taco seasoning, a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, and cubed Velveeta cheese.
- Buns – choose your favorite buns or subs to make this recipe. I used brioche buns. But you can use hamburger buns, onion buns or in a sub roll. Alternatively, you can use lettuce to make wraps with if you’d want to cut down on calories.
How To Make Nacho Sloppy Joes in the Slow Cooker
- Add ingredients to slow cooker. Add all ingredients to the crockpot, except for the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cook. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add cheese. Right before you are ready to serve add in the cubed Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Season. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Place on warmed up or toasted buns and enjoy!
Tips For Making Slow Cooker Nacho Sloppy Joes
- Warm up or toast your buns before layering the cheesy meat mixture onto them.
This recipe can easily be adapted based on your preferences and your favorite flavors. Here are some ideas, but be creative and feel free to experiment with flavors as you go.
- Add sliced jalapenos to the mix before cooking for a kick, unless you are serving this for kids.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, olives, pico de gallo, sour cream or tortilla chips.
- Add diced green or red bell peppers to the mix before cooking if you like.
- If you are not a fan of Nacho cheese, substitute it with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve over rice or stuffed into baked potatoes.
- Serve on brioche buns, hamburger buns, onion buns or in a sub roll.
- Use lettuce to make wraps with if you’re aiming at cutting down your calorie intake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! The ground beef mixture can be made a day before serving it. Simply allow the cooked mixture to come to room temperature before placing into the fridge in an airtight container. This recipe is also freezer friendly. When you plan to serve it, just warm up the meat mixture and layer on toasted or warmed buns and enjoy!
What To Serve With
This is already a delicious meal by itself. But here a suggested list of incredible side dishes to accompany your Nacho Sloppy Joes:
- Crispy and flavorful Air Fryer French Fries.
- Easy and simple Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes.
- Quick to make Pasta Salad with its creamy avocado dressing.
- Fluffy and fork-tender from the inside and golden and crispy from the outside Instant Pot Baked Potatoes.
- Crunchy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower.
- Fluffy and flavorful Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice.
- Fresh sweet and savory Pineapple Salsa.
Make this delicious sandwich which will instantly take you back to your childhood days. Share it with your family and friends who will fall in love with it from the first bite!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Nacho Sloppy Joes
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef browned and drained
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles drained
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 4-6 buns
- Into your slow cooker add your cooked and drained ground beef, diced onion, ketchup, taco seasoning and tomatoes with green chiles.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Right before you are ready to serve add in the cubed Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on your warmed up or toasted buns. Serve and enjoy!
Top with avocado, sliced jalapeno or tortilla chips.
You can add diced green or red bell peppers to the mix before cooking if you like.
This is also delicious over rice or stuffed into baked potatoes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @nourishplate and on Instagram @nourishplate
Leave a Review!