These Instant Pot Baked Potatoes turn out fluffy and fork-tender from the inside and golden and crispy from the outside every time you make them! This is a great way to bake potatoes on busy nights. This recipe is delicious, gluten-free and can be easily made vegan using non-dairy toppings.
If you love tender and fluffy baked potatoes like me, then this recipe is for you. It is a foolproof way to bake potatoes. Actually, it is one of the easiest recipes to make using Instant Pot. And here’s why you should make it in your Instant Pot:
WHY USE THE INSTANT POT TO MAKE BAKED POTATOES?
I love baking potatoes in my instant pot for the following reasons:
- It’s faster so it saves time in the kitchen. In total, it takes 30 minutes or less.
- It saves energy and doesn’t heat up the house.
- Moreover, it helps to preserve the nutrients and flavors, so baked potatoes contain more vitamins and minerals compared to other cooking methods and are more flavorful.
- It transfers potatoes into fluffy baked potatoes.
- You don’t need to babysit the Instant Pot.
INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES INGREDIENTS
To make this recipe you need medium
WHICH POTATOES TO USE?
Finnish yellow potatoes and other all-purpose potatoes can be used too. However, avoid using low-starch waxy potatoes such as new potatoes, red-skinned,
HOW TO COOK INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES?
- Wash and scrub potatoes, then dry with a paper towel.
- Pierce each
potatowith a fork to prevent it from exploding and allow steam and pressure to exit.
- Place potatoes on a trivet in the instant pot, and add one cup of cold water to the bottom of the pot.
- Cover with a lid and Press on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK (this depends on what model of Instant Pot you’re using) and choose 12 minutes for medium potatoes and 10 minutes for smaller ones. If you are cooking large potatoes, then consider increasing the cooking time by 5 more minutes. Make sure that the vent is set on the “sealing” position.
- After the cooking program ends, allow pressure to release naturally.
ISPY BAKED POTATOES (optional)
- Lightly brush or spray potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add to the Air Fryer basket in an even layer, and cook for 10 minutes flipping at least once while cooking. Serve hot and enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE BAKED POTATOES?
Based on your taste and preferences, you can slice open your potatoes and add on butter, sour cream,
MORE TOPPINGS IDEAS
You can use any toppings that you like. Below are my favorites:
- Diced onions or green onions
- Grilled cheese
- Baked beans
- Baked camembert
IS THIS RECIPE VEGAN?
This recipe is 100% vegan unless you are using dairy toppings. And in that case, you can easily replace the dairy toppings like cheeses by non-dairy vegan cheese or nutritional yeast to get a vegan snack or side dish.
- Fridge: Once cooled down to room temperature, you can store baked potatoes in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, put in the air fryer and air fry for 5-7 minutes or until warmed up.
- Freezer: You can freeze baked potatoes by placing them uncovered in the freezer for one hour, before transferring them to a freezer-safe Ziploc bags. They can last for up to 10 months. To reheat, thaw frozen baked potatoes in the fridge overnight before reheating. Then, put in the air fryer and air fry for 5-7 minutes or until warmed up. You can also reheat them in the oven. But never re-freeze thawed baked potatoes.
For more great instant pot recipes, check out:
- Instant Pot Risotto
- and Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- also, Instant Pot Cornbread
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Vegan Mashed Potatoes
For other delicious and nourishing recipe ideas, click here
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links that pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting nourishplate.com
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- 6 potatoes medium-sized, washed and scrubbed
- 1 tsp olive oil optional
- 1/2 tbsp salt optional
- Wash and scrub potatoes, then dry with a paper towel.
- Pierce each potato 6-8 times with a fork to prevent it from exploding and allow steam and pressure to exit.
- Place them on the trivet in your instant pot, adding one cup of cold water to the bottom of the pot. This allows the pressure to build up in the instant pot so potatoes get cooked while preserving their nutrients. However, make sure that potatoes are not touching the water, as otherwise they will get mushy and watery.
- Cover with a lid and Press on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK (this depends on what model of Instant Pot you’re using) and choose 12 minutes for medium potatoes and 10 minutes for smaller ones. If you are cooking large potatoes, then consider increasing the cooming time by 5 more minutes. Make sure that the vent is set on the “sealing” position.
- While the potatoes are being cooked, you can melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan and add garlic and herbs to it. Cook for 1-2 minutes and set aside to allow the flavours to infuse.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Turn the valve to release any remaining pressure before carefully opening the lid of the Instant Pot.
FOR CRISPY BAKED POTATOES (optional)
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add to the Air Fryer basket in an even layer, and cook for 10 minutes flipping at least once while cooking. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, top with butter or your favorite toppings and season with salt and herbs. Serve hot and enjoy!
- You can add any toppings based on your taste and preferences.
- Use cold water and don’t replace it with hot or warm water as this will change the time needed for the Instant Pot to come to preassure and therefore the time needed to bake potatoes.
- For better results, bake 4 to 6 medium sized potatoes at once in a 6 or 8 quart instant pot. Using more leads to overcrowding which will take longer to reach pressure while using less potatoes will also take more time to cook. Try to chose equal sized potatoes so they cook evently.