Looking for a super easy dinner idea? Why not try this Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken! The chicken turns out so juicy, tender, sweet and savory at the same time, and it’s amazingly delicious with the simple honey garlic sauce. It is a dump and start recipe, very flavorful, and cooked in the Instant Pot in less than 20 minutes!
This recipe is perfect for beginners.
Using the Instant Pot to make Honey Garlic Chicken not only saves time, but it’s super convenient, I mean, dup all of the ingredients in the pot press on start! It’s that easy! Plus, it’s just one pot to wash, and you don’t have to babysit the Pot.
The end result is packed with flavor, and because it is SO easy, you won’t be making this recipe using any other cooking method. As a matter of fact, this is true for most of the recipes that I make using my Instant Pot, such as this Instant Pot chicken fajita pasta, Instant Pot shrimp fajitas, Instant Pot chicken fajitas and Instant Pot steak fajitas. Moreover, I love cooking the Lemon garlic chicken in the Instant Pot too.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken in the Instant Pot?
To make this simple and delicious recipe you will need an Instant Pot (obviously!). This is my favorite Instant Pot that I love and use.
You also need the following simple ingredients
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot, give them a quick mix and cover with the lid.
- Pressure cook for 3 minutes (yes that is enough time to cook cubed chicken).
- Do a quick release, thicken the sauce, and you’re done!
How to Thicken the Sauce
Press on SAUTE, and once the sauce starts bubbling add the cornstarch mixed with water, and whisk until the sauce is thickened (it thickens very quickly).
Serve the chicken over rice and Garlic Green Beans on the side to make a complete meal. I used jasmine rice but feel free to use the type of rice that you prefer. Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds and enjoy!
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge to enjoy later. Just place in an airtight food container and consume within 3 to 5 days.
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot
For the Chicken and Sauce
- 2 pounds chicken breasts cubed into bite-size or 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup water
To Thicken the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon green onion chopped – for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds for garnish
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot, followed by soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and water. Give the ingredients a quick mix.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 3 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 7-10 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
To Thicken the Sauce
- Press on SAUTE, and once the sauce comes to a boil add the cornstarch mixed with water. Whisk until the sauce is thickened (it thickens very quickly). Serve over rice, and garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- For extra flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the sauce.
- Soy sauce can be replaced with tamari sauce, or coconut aminos (which is a vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free alternative to soy sauce but a bit sweeter and lower in sodium).
- For extra sweetness, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Serve over jasmine rice, and green beans on the side.