Baked Camembert makes great appetizer, that can be served any time of the year but also makes a perfect appetizer for the holidays’ season! It’s so easy to make, takes just 15 minutes from start to finish, and the result is cheesy, gooey, spicy and delicious!
What is Camembert?
Camembert is a French, moist, creamy round cheese that usually comes in a wooden box (mine didn’t but that was not a problem as I transferred it to an ovenproof dish to bake it!). Camembert is made of cows’ milk and has pure white rind. It has a slightly sour taste, and really delicious.
How to bake Camembert?
This is the best appetizer that you can make to feed a crowd visiting your home, using a few ingredients and that can be ready in just 15 minutes!
If it comes in its wooden box, that’s great! Just remove the plastic wrapping and score the top of Camembert with a sharp knife, in order to allow the air to escape while baking.
Season the Camembert with salt, garlic granules, chili flakes and add fresh rosemary leaves. Then drizzle with olive oil. You can wrap the wooden box with foil, to avoid any possible spillage. Then put inside a preheated oven and bake on 180 °C or 350 °F for 15 minutes.
If the Camembert comes without a wooden box, then that’s not a problem. Just transfer it to an ovenproof dish or to a Camembert baker or any small oven-proof dish, and follow the same steps as above.
Serve Baked Camembert hot with toasted bread or crackers of your choice. I toast the bread by drizzling some olive oil, and sprinkling with garlic granules, salt and pepper, and toast in the oven at 180c 356f until golden.
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
- 1 Camembert cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the plastic wrapping from the Camembert.
- Wrap the wooden box with foil to avoid any possible spillage – if your Camembert comes in a wooden box. If not, then transfer it to an ovenproof dish or to a Camembert baker.
- Score the top of Camembert with a sharp knife, in order to allow the air to escape while baking.
- Season the Camembert with salt, chili flakes and garlic granules. Top with fresh rosemary tips, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until melty.
- Serve the Camembert hot with toasted bread or crackers of your choice.
And for more delicious recipe ideas, click here