Easy and delicious Vegan Banana Bread that you can make every day. Using ripe bananas guarantees the perfect sweetness of this recipe. No need to add sugar or any other sweetener.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
This vegan banana bread recipe is easy and quick to make. It is rich and moist. And most importantly, there’s no added sugar in it. The sweetness of bananas used in this recipe is enough.
While a vegan banana bread is tasty by itself, adding cacao to it makes it heavenly delicious. This is why I’m sharing this recipe with you, so you can also make a vegan chocolate banana bread from the comfort of your homes.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Ingredients
The ingredients that you need for this recipe are likely to be available in every pantry. These are:
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking soda
- Soy milk
- Flax seeds
- Coconut oil
- Apple cider vinegar
How To Make Vegan Banana Bread
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C or 350 °F.
- Step 2. In a mixing bowl, add 3 tbsp of water to the ground flax seeds to make a flax egg. Give it a quick stir and set aside for a minute to become gloopy.
- Step 3. Add ripe bananas, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil to the mixing bowl. Beat for 1 minute.
- Step 4. Sift over the flour, cocoa, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt. Beat until just combined. This should not take more than 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 5. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Step 7. Bake for 55-65 minuted or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Step 8. Take it out of the oven and transfer the loaf to a cooling rack by pulling up the parchment paper to cool completely. Serve after slicing or freeze in a rigid container or a sealed plastic bag.
Tips On How To Make The Perfect Vegan Banana Bread
- If the loaf top cracks, that’s totally normal. Most of the time it turns out like that.
- Use ripe bananas for this recipe that are sweet instead of using unripe ones that are more starch than sugar. This guarantees that no added sugar will be needed for this recipe.
- Spoon the flour and level instead of scooping it, as the latter results in a bigger quantity than needed.
- Using flax egg in this recipe adds on the nutrients and health benefits, and not only replaces eggs – as bananas are by nature great egg replacers.
- Don’t overmix the batter to avoid ending up with a tough, chewy or dense texture.
I make this banana bread very often because it tastes great and requires very minimal effort. It is also a good option for breakfast or as a snack!
And for more delicious and nourishing recipe ideas, click here
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Vegan Banana Bread
- 250 g All purpose flour
- 4 Bananas ripe
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 60 ml Soy milk
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds ground
- 3 tbsp Water
- 80 ml Coconut oil
- 60 g Walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt pinch of
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C or 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3 tbsp of water to the ground flax seeds. Give it a quick stir and set aside for a minute to become gloopy.
- Then add bananas, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil to the mixing bowl. Beat for 1 minute.
- Sift over the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat until just combined. This should not take more than 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined up with parchment paper which hangs over the sides.
- Bake for 55-65 minuted or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack by pulling out the parchement paper to cool completely.
- Serve after slicing or freeze in a rigid container or a sealed plastic bag.
- Soy milk can be substituted by any non-dairy milk, such as almond milk.
- Walnuts can be substituted with other nuts such as almonds, pecans or can be omitted altogether.