The Instant Pot, aka, the miracle pot is very well known for cooking meaty stuff. But you will be surprised at how amazing it is for vegan cooking. It’s so convenient and does not require babysitting the pot as your food cooks.
The miracle pot can cook everything for you from tasty lentil dhals, so hearty soups, and even things like perfectly baked potatoes.
Which Instant Pot shall I get?
There are quite a few Instant Pot models out there, some have more settings than others. They all can pressure cook, but you have to decide which size works best for you, what settings do you need, and what is your budget.
In our kitchen, we use and love this Instant Pot.
Why get an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot is the answer to cooking fast healthy food. It can pressure cook, saute, boil, and steam food.
- It’s very convenient. It means that I can choose the setting that I need, and go do something else while the Instant Pot cooks the food for me.
- It’s perfect for cooking large amounts of food. Last time I hosted a dinner party, the Instant Pot saved my life. It can fit a decent amount of food, and the cooking time always remains the same regardless to if you’re cooking 1 portion of curry, or 8 portions.
- Everything is cooked faster in the Instant Pot. I used to cook my chickpeas from dried for an hour over the stovetop, now they take just 20 minutes. Such a game-changer!
- You can make your own homemade yogurt in the Instant Pot, and yes that includes soy and coconut yogurt!
- It cooks rice perfectly every time, and can even make popcorn.
- I love making homemade vegetable stock using kitchen scraps, and the Instant Pot makes it so easy.
Need more convincing that you need an Instant Pot to take your cooking skills to the next level? Here we compiled a list with the best 20 vegan recipes that you can make in your Instant Pot today! Most of them use pantry ingredients, or easy to find simple ingredients.