Super creamy and flavorful avocado cilantro dressing to drizzle over roasted veggies, pasta salads, or rice bowls. This recipe uses very simple ingredients and it’s ready in just 5 minutes!
This Avocado Cilantro Dressing is the best dressing that you can make on those busy nights when you have little time, no idea what to cook for dinner, and just want to roast some veg. But don’t worry, I got you covered! Make this delicious dressing and take your roasted veggies, salads, or rice bowls to the next level with a drizzle of this tasty dressing.
This simple dressing is pure green goodness. Every spoonful is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and flavors. I often whip up a jar of this refreshing dressing to drizzle over pasta salads, roasted vegetables, spread over sandwiches along with other fillings, and even use it as a topping on smashed potatoes.
How to Make Avocado Cilantro Dressing
To make it, all you need to do is put simple 7 ingredients in your food processor. Blend, and that’s it! It literally takes just 5 minutes to make!
What you’ll need: an avocado or 2, green chili for a lovely heat kick, fresh cilantro leaves, soaked cashews for extra creaminess, a garlic clove, salt, a lime (juiced) and a splash of water.
- Making this dressing couldn’t get any easier. Just put all the ingredients into a food processor, and blend for 1-2 minutes or until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency. You can adjust the consistency by adding more water if needed, but only add a little bit at a time so it doesn’t accidentally become too thin.
- Have a little taste, and adjust the amount of salt and lime juice if needed.
- Now, you can enjoy the dressing by drizzling over your salad or roasted veggies. Or you can make it ahead and store in a glass jar and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to use.
This dressing goes well with almost everything! Here are some ideas:
- Add it to your pasta salads. Any pasta salad works here, just add a few spoons of this dressing, and give the salad a good mix.
- Top your rice bowls with it, burrito bowl anyone?
- It also goes well with grilled chicken and even meats.
- Or simply drizzle over your roasted vegetables with this dressing, think of it as you’d think of pesto.
- Store the dressing in a sealed container or glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- I don’t recommend freezing this dressing, as I found that the flavor changes once it’s frozen and thawed.
For more delicious and nourishing recipe ideas, click here.
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Food processor
- 1 avocados
- 1 green chili deseeded
- ½ cup cilantro leaves and stems
- ¼ cup cashews raw, pre-soaked
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more water, and adjust seasoning (salt and lime juice) to your preference.
- Store this dressing in a sealed container or glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.