This Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie is loaded with good-for-your-health fruits and vegetables that will give you the needed boost to make any day brighter! It is delicious and nourishing, and yet simple to make!
Plus, it is not green. You can literally mask broccoli’s
brocolli is good for you
Broccoli is a superfood which is loaded with fiber, minerals, vitamins C and K. It has lots of calcium, folic acid, and potassium. Furthermore, it is one of the best sources of sulforaphane – an antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory effects. And this component is created when you eat raw broccoli.
Why blueberries are good for you
Blueberries are also superfoods which are high in nutrients, antioxidants, and
Pairing these ingredients makes this Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie an excellent healthy option for every day!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie
The main tool that I used to make this recipe is:
high speedblender – simply makes the richest and creamiest smoothies. Even when fruits or vegetables are unpeeled or have their seeds in (which is the case in the apples I used in this recipe).
The ingredients that I used to make this recipe are:
- Broccoli – fresh or frozen broccoli florets work well
- Apple – unpealed for more fiber and nutrients
- Blueberries – frozen for more nutrients
- Banana – frozen for creamy texture
- Almond milk – adds creaminess to the smoothie
- Chia seeds – added for nutrients, antioxidants, fiber
andomega-3 fatty acids and a source of plant-based protein
HOW TO MAKE Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie
In a high speed blender, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. Serve immediately.
You can add more broccoli to the smoothie, to acquire more nutrition benefits. However, it is important that you taste the smoothie as you go to make sure you like the flavor and the texture.
For more delicious and nourishing recipe ideas, click here
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie
- High speed blender
- ½ cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 1 apple
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- In a high speed blender, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Frozen berries have similar nutritional value as fresh berries, if not more. That is because berries are at their prime and retain their nutrients better at the moment of the flash-freezing process. Therefore, for this recipe, you can use pre-packed frozen berries or berries that you have stocked up on fresh and frozen them yourself.
- Same goes for broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli florets.
- Broccoli can be substituted by spinach.
- Remember to always mix chia seeds into another food and avoid intaking it dry, as this might cause swallowing problems (chia seeds can absorb water up to 27 times their weight which could cause a problem swallowing them in their dry form).
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which pay me a small commission for my referral with no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting nourishplate.com