Start your day with this refreshing kale pineapple smoothie! It’s super green, packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and tastes amazing!
There is no better way to wake your body up in the morning than a green smoothie. It became my morning routine, and I try not to give this habit up even on very lazy mornings.
I usually start with a smoothie, a green smoothie, a pink berry smoothie, or a sunshine smoothie. They’re all good! But when I’m feeling like I need that extra kick to wake myself up, I always go for a green smoothie.
Ingredients needed to make a kale pineapple smoothie
The ingredients can either be frozen or fresh, both work very well. But this will make a difference to the texture of the smoothie.
- Frozen bananas – using bananas that are frozen give a super creamy texture.
- Frozen pineapple – you can also use fresh if you prefer, but I always stock up on bags of frozen pineapple chunks to use in smoothies.
- Fresh kale leaves
- Chia seeds
- Liquid – this can be nut milk or water.
- Spirulina powder (optional).
How to this vegan smoothie?
You need a blender, or you can use a food processor if you don’t have a blender. But a blender if preferred.
Add all of the ingredients in your blender, and blend until smooth. Don’t add all of the liquid at once, as adding it gradually will ensure that you get the desired consistency.
This smoothie is naturally sweet and doesn’t need to be sweetened, as the banana and the pineapple are already sweet.
Can I make a smoothie that will last me for 2 days?
I always prefer to drink the smoothie right away, but sometimes I end up accidentally making a large batch. In that case, I store the extra smoothie in the fridge in a glass sealed jar for up to 24 hours.
Is the smoothie going to separate? The answer is yes. All you need to do is take the jar out of the fridge, give it a shake, and enjoy!
Extra add ons
Feel free to add extra ingredients to the smoothie such as
- Hemp seeds
- Nut butter
- Turmeric powder (this will change the color of the smoothie)
- Protein powder
- Lemon or orange juice
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Kale Pineapple Smoothie
- High speed blender
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water or nut milk
- 1 tsp spirulina powder optional
- Add all of the ingredients in your blender, and blend until smooth. Don’t add all of the liquid at once, as adding it gradually will ensure that you get the desired consistency.
- You need a blender, or you can use a food processor if you don’t have a blender. But a blender if preferred.
- This smoothie is naturally sweet and doesn’t need to be sweetened, as the banana and the pineapple are already sweet.