Brownie Batter Hummus is a delicious creamy dessert dip that takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It is packed with nutrients and makes a healthy snack. Plus, it is vegan and gluten-free.
If you haven’t imagined making your next dessert out of chickpeas, you need to give this recipe a try. You will love it! However, this recipe is so addictive, so
HOW TO EAT BROWNIE BATTER HUMMUS?
You can either eat it directly with a spoon (like a pudding) by pairing it with your favorite berries and fruits. Or, you can serve it as a dip for fruits, toasted bread, pretzels, and crackers.
WHAT DOES IT TASTE LIKE?
There’s no better way to give an answer than by making this recipe and trying it yourself. But in a nutshell, it tastes chocolaty and lightly sweet. And it has a creamy velvety texture.
BROWNIE BATTER HUMMUS INGREDIENTS
To make this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Almond butter or any other seed or nut butter
- Coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt, and water
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE BATTER HUMMUS
To make this recipe, all
Gradually add water to thin out the hummus until you reach the required consistency.
Then spread it in a bowl and garnish with your favorite fruits, chocolate chips, small marshmallows, maple syrup, honey, etc.
Serve immediately or after it is chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
IS THIS RECIPE VEGAN?
This hummus recipe is 100% vegan. Some recipes use Greek yogurt, but I don’t find it necessary to add yogurt to hummus and it still turns out super creamy.
IS IT GLUTEN-FREE?
All ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free. Therefore, you can safely indulge in with a spoon or dip your favorite berries and fruits or gluten-free crackers in this dip for a gluten-free healthy snack.
IS IT HEALTHY?
It is packed with nutrients such as protein, fiber and unsaturated fats that are heart-healthy. Pairing it with fruits allows increasing the vitamins’ intake. However, try to stick to the recommended serving of 30g to 60g to keep calories under control.
- Fridge: You can store it in the fridge in a tightly-closed container for up to 5 days, or until it starts having a sour smell.
- Freezer: It freezes well and defrosts overnight in the refrigerator. Therefore, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appetit!
Brownie Batter Hummus
- Food processor
- 1 can chickpeas cooked, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water adjust depending on the consistency that you want
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add more water if needed to thin out the Brownie Batter Hummus, but don't add too much.
- Spread in a bowl, and garnish with your favorite fruits, chocolate chips, etc.
- Serve immediately or after it is chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- You can store it in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container for up to 5 days, or until it starts having a sour smell.
- It freezes well and defrosts overnight in the refrigerator. Therefore, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Almond butter can be substituted with any other seed or nut butter.