These Candy Corn Mini Cheesecakes are the perfect Halloween treat! With their vibrant layers resembling the iconic candy corn, these sweet and creamy mini desserts are sure to impress your guests. Plus, they are easy to make and fun to serve!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy Halloween Dessert: This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and basic baking skills, making it a great choice for both beginner and experienced bakers.
- Adorable Presentation: The layered colors of these mini cheesecakes mimic the beloved candy corn, adding a festive touch to your Halloween celebrations.
- Irresistible Flavors: The combination of creamy vanilla cheesecake and the Oreo cookie crust creates a delightful contrast in textures, while the fresh whipped cream and candy pumpkins on top add an extra burst of sweetness.
- Oreo Crust: Made with crushed Oreo cookies, sugar, and melted butter, the crust provides a chocolaty and crunchy base for the cheesecakes.
- Vanilla Cheesecake: Cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and a touch of optional marshmallow vodka create a smooth and creamy filling with a hint of marshmallow flavor.
- Gel Food Coloring: Yellow and orange gel food coloring give the cheesecakes their candy corn-inspired layers.
- Topping: Freshly whipped cream and Brach’s Mellowcreme Pumpkins add the finishing touches, making these mini cheesecakes an eye-catching and delightful dessert.
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
How To Make Mini Halloween Cheesecakes
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cupcake/muffin pan with liners.
- Create the Oreo crust by combining crushed Oreo cookies, sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixture into the cupcake liners to form the crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and marshmallow vodka until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the batter into three bowls. Add yellow gel food coloring to one bowl, orange gel food coloring to another, and leave the third bowl uncolored.
- Spoon the yellow cheesecake batter onto the crust, followed by the orange batter, and finally the uncolored batter. Spread each layer evenly.
- Bake the mini cheesecakes until set, with a slight jiggle in the center.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool to room temperature before transferring them to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Prior to serving, garnish each cheesecake with freshly whipped cream and a candy pumpkin on top. Serve and enjoy these adorable and delicious mini cheesecakes!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: For best results, make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature before starting.
- Crushing Oreos: To easily crush the Oreo cookies, you can use a blender, food processor, or place them in a ziptop bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- You can adjust the intensity of the orange and yellow colors by adding more or less gel food coloring.
- Make Ahead: These mini cheesecakes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Just add the whipped cream and candy pumpkins right before serving.
- Get Creative with Decorations: Aside from the classic candy pumpkins, you can also decorate your Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes with other Halloween-themed toppings. Try using orange and yellow sprinkles, Halloween-themed candies, or even edible eyeballs for a spooky touch.
- Experiment with Colors: While the traditional candy corn colors are yellow, orange, and white, don’t be afraid to switch things up for a more vibrant and fun Halloween dessert. Add a green layer using green gel food coloring to represent witches or monsters, or incorporate a purple layer to bring in a mysterious and enchanting vibe. Let your imagination run wild!
- Serve in Halloween-themed Liners: Enhance the festive presentation by using Halloween-themed cupcake liners. Look for liners with pumpkin, spiderweb, or ghost designs.
Yes, you can substitute the Oreo cookies with other chocolate sandwich cookies, Golden Oreos, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers.
Yes, if you prefer a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the marshmallow vodka or replace it with a small amount of marshmallow extract for a similar flavor.
Allow the mini cheesecakes to cool to room temperature on the counter for about 1-2 hours before placing them in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can freeze them without the whipped cream and candy pumpkins. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to one month.
More Halloween Recipes To Try
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats: Add a spooky twist to a classic treat with these Halloween-themed Rice Krispie Treats. Perfect for parties or as a fun activity with kids.
- Halloween Air Fryer Brownies: Indulge in rich and fudgy brownies made in the air fryer. Decorate them with Halloween-inspired toppings for a festive touch.
- Air Fryer Mummy Hot Dogs: Turn ordinary hot dogs into adorable mummy-shaped bites using the air fryer. These little delights are sure to be a hit at any Halloween gathering.
These Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes are a sweet and festive treat that will add a touch of Halloween spirit to your dessert table. With their adorable appearance and creamy texture, they are sure to be a hit at your next Halloween or even Thanksgiving gathering. Don’t forget to share your experience and leave a review in the comments section below. Enjoy the season with these delicious mini cheesecakes!
Candy Corn Mini Cheesecakes
- Muffin pan 12 cup
- Hand mixer
- 1 14.3oz package Oreo cookies cream removed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow vodka optional
- Gel food coloring yellow and orange
- Whipped cream fresh homemade
- 1 package Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a blender, food processor, or ziptop bag, crush the Oreo cookies (after removing the cream filling) until they reach a sand-like texture.
- Mix in the sugar and melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into each cupcake liner and press down firmly to create an even layer. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the sour cream, marshmallow vodka, and vanilla extract, and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter into three separate bowls.
- In one bowl, mix in a few drops of orange gel food coloring. In another bowl, mix in a few drops of yellow gel food coloring. Leave the third bowl without any coloring.
- Starting with the yellow cheesecake batter, spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of batter into each crust.
- Spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of orange batter onto the yellow batter and use a flat mini spatula to spread the orange layer evenly.
- Spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of the colorless batter onto the orange layer, gently spreading it to cover the entire surface.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set with a slight jiggle in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temperature on the counter before transferring them to the refrigerator overnight.
- Prior to serving, top each mini cheesecake with fresh homemade whipped cream and a Brach’s Mellowcreme Pumpkin candy.
- Achieve vibrant colors for each layer by using gel food coloring.
- Ensure the cheesecakes cool completely before refrigerating to ensure proper setting.
- Experiment with different colors, such as green and purple, to create unique Halloween variations.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.