This bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer is ideal for any gathering, be it holidays, Super Bowl parties, or just a casual day when you feel like treating yourself. Easy to prepare in the air fryer or oven, these little bites are sure to be a hit with their crispy bacon and juicy shrimp.
This easy bacon wrapped shrimp is a hit every time we make it for friends and family, especially on game days or holidays. It’s easy and fast to make, and the taste is amazing. The bacon gets crispy and the shrimp stays juicy. It’s the kind of recipe that looks fancy but is really simple to put together, making it perfect when you have guests over.
Cooking these shrimp in an air fryer makes everything even easier. The air fryer cooks them fast and gets the bacon just right – crispy without being greasy. Plus, it’s a healthier way to cook because you don’t need a lot of oil. If you like using your air fryer, you should also try these recipes: Air Fryer Tortilla Chips, Air Fryer Steak Fajitas, and Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes. They’re all quick, easy, and tasty, just like the bacon wrapped shrimp.
Why You’ll Love This Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- Versatile: These bacon wrapped shrimp are a surefire hit for any occasion, easy to pick up and impossible to put down.
- Effortless: With minimal prep and cook time, this appetizer frees you up to enjoy your event.
- Air Fryer Friendly: Take advantage of the air fryer for a quick cook and a guaranteed crispy finish.
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
- Large Shrimp: Choose large, plump shrimp for a meaty bite that stands up to the bacon wrap. Ensure they’re peeled and deveined for easy eating.
- Bacon: Select thin-cut bacon for quick, even cooking that wraps snugly around the shrimp.
- Butter: A dab of melted butter offers richness and helps the garlic and parsley adhere to the shrimp.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic infuses the shrimp with a punch of flavor; adjust to your liking.
- Parsley: Freshly chopped parsley brightens the dish with a hint of herby freshness.
- Salt: Just a pinch to enhance and balance the flavors.
- Toothpicks: Soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning, they’re the secret to keeping everything together.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Wrap each shrimp in a half slice of bacon, securing with a soaked toothpick.
- Stir together melted butter, minced garlic, parsley, and salt. Brush this mixture over the shrimp.
In the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C). Cook the shrimp in batches, if needed, to avoid overcrowding, until the bacon is crispy and the shrimp are cooked through, usually 6-8 minutes.
In the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C), or 180°C fan oven.
- Prepare the shrimp as above and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the shrimp are cooked.
- Pat the shrimp dry before wrapping them with bacon to ensure they get crispy.
- Keep an eye on the shrimp as they cook; cooking times can vary based on the size of the shrimp and the thickness of the bacon.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s best to use raw shrimp since precooked shrimp can become tough and rubbery when reheated.
Thick-cut bacon takes longer to crisp, so it’s not ideal for this recipe as the shrimp may overcook.
Avoid overcooking the shrimp. They’re done when they turn pink and opaque.
Yes, you can wrap the shrimp with bacon, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours before cooking.
Next time you’re looking for an appetizer that’s sure to please, remember this bacon wrapped shrimp recipe. It’s simple, quick, and downright tasty. Try it out, leave a review to let us know how it went, and pin it for next time!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 pound raw shrimp approximately 15-20, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces bacon slices cut in half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and salt. Stir well to mix.
- Lay the shrimp out flat. Wrap each shrimp with a half slice of bacon, securing the bacon in place with a toothpick to keep it wrapped tightly.
- Brush each bacon-wrapped shrimp generously with the garlic butter mixture.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place half of the bacon-wrapped shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then check for doneness. If the shrimp are not fully cooked or the bacon isn’t crisp to your liking, continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- There is no need to turn the shrimp during cooking. Once done, remove them from the air fryer and repeat with the remaining batch.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped shrimp hot with your choice of dipping sauce on the side.
- Shrimp Preparation: Ensure shrimp are thoroughly dried before wrapping with bacon to achieve optimal crispiness.
- Bacon Choice: Thin-cut bacon is preferable as it wraps easily around the shrimp and cooks to a perfect crispness without overcooking the shrimp.
- Cooking Options: This recipe can be cooked in both an air fryer and an oven. The air fryer offers a quicker cooking time and a crispier finish, while the oven is great for larger batches.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve these bacon wrapped shrimp with your favorite dipping sauces for added flavor.
- Make-Ahead Tip: You can prepare these shrimp ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook.
- Leftovers: Store any leftover shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.