This easy Instant Pot Cornbread is so moist, tender, and firm at the same time. Thanks to the Instant Pot, you can now make your own homemade cornbread easily in the Instant Pot without worrying that you might undercook it or burn it. Perfect with a bowl of soup or chili!
How do you like to enjoy your cornmeal? I always thought that cornbread is best when it’s drizzled with honey. This is how I always liked to eat it for breakfast since I was a child.
As I don’t like having lots of sugar in my cornbread, pairing it with honey makes so much sense. It also makes it a healthier option.
My other favorite way to enjoy cornbread is with a piece of butter or with a bowl of soup.
Last Thanksgiving, I tried making cornbread in my Instant Pot after seeing so many people sharing pictures of their creations on social media. And it was a game-changer for us! I’m not a baker by nature, so making cornbread in the Instant Pot made my life much easier!
Since then, we’ve been enjoying this deliciousness at least once every week! And my kids love it!
Now I need to tell you that comparing pressure cooker cornbread with baked cornbread is not a fair comparison. I mean, you can’t expect to get that fluffy and airy cornbread if you make it in the Instant Pot. It’s a steamed bread after all! But it’s incredibly delicious, and you will keep wanting to make it again and again!
Instant Pot Cornbread Ingredients
To make this cornbread, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- Plain flour, and yellow cornmeal. The ratio is 1:1.
- Baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Vegetable oil, milk, an egg.
- And optional add ons such as corn kernels, jalapeños, green onions, or cheddar cheese. But feel free to be creative and add your favorite ingredient(s) here.
How to Make Cornbread in the Instant Pot?
First, you need to prepare the batter. And the great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need a mixer!
Start by whisking the egg with oil in a mixing bowl, then add milk, and the dry ingredients.
Whisk everything until just combined. Make sure not to overmix the batter.
Fold in any add-ons that you’re using/if using.
Pour 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot, and place the cake pan covered with foil on a trivet and into the pot. Cover and lock the lid.
Set the vent on SEALING position, and press on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK on high. Set at 55 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure, and cook. When the cook time ends, let the steam release naturally. It should take around 10 minutes.
Take the pan out of the Instant Pot. Allow the cornbread to cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing it.
How to Store the Cornbread?
Wrap in cling film or place in container for 1-2 days at room temperature. You can also store cornbread in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What to Do With Cornbread Leftovers?
If you end up having any cornbread leftovers, you can make cornbread salad or cornbread stuffing! So easy and really tasty!
What to Serve Cornbread With?
Instant Pot cornbread is amazing on its own! It’s moist and tender which makes it amazingly delicious as is. You can also serve it with some butter or a drizzle of honey.
So basically you can enjoy this tasty corn bread on its own or serve it as a side dish. Here are my favorite options to serve it with:
How to Make Instant Pot Mexican Cornbread?
To make this Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread, all what you need to do is to fold in the batter around 1 cup of cooked corn kernels, chopped jalapenos, and grated cheddar cheese. And you’ll end up having a delicious Mexican Cornbread!
If you try this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media, tagging #NourishPlate in your posts. I would really love to see your creations. Bon appétit!
Instant Pot Cornbread
- 7 inch springform pan or a push pan,
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- corn kernels optional
- jalapeños optional
- green onions optional
- cheddar cheese optional
- To prepare the batter, start by whisking the egg with oil, then add milk, and the dry ingredients.
- Whisk everything until just combined but make sure not to overmix the batter.
- Fold in any add ons that you're using/if using.
- To a greased springform pan, or a push pan, pour the batter and cover it tightly with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot, and place the pan covered with foil on a trivet and into the pot. Cover with the lid and make sure that it’s locked.
- Set the vent on SEALING position, and press on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK on high, and set at 55 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure, and cook. Then let the steam release naturally which should take around 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the Instant Pot. Allow the cornbread to cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing it.
- To make Mexican cornbread, fold in the batter around 1 cup of cooked corn kernels, chopped jalapenos, and grated cheddar cheese.
- You don’t need a mixer for this recipe, just a whisk.
- To store cornbread, wrap in cling film or place in container for 1-2 days at room temperature. You can also store cornbread in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.